Instagram

Monday 25 March 2013

I Love Mason Jars

A certain Canadian brand of mason jar seals became unavailable - Gem - and my grandmother decided she could part with them. I immediately put them to work as tealight holders on a shelf above my bed. Extremely sweet and romantic when all lit, but dust bunny central every other moment. Disassembled. When mason jars became an embellishment for scrapbooking,  I was delighted. I couldn't really find a symbolic meaning online, but to me they represent
home-made love and nostalgia.




I try to use the stash I have of them regularly and use my digital stamp version when I remember it.

 
Used the digital stamp and mists to create Project Life albums insets.

 

Used the chipboard jars back to back to create a "peek a boo" space within my Project Life album.
Of course my favorite way I have used the mason jars is for a title page for my extended family album. I used the jars in a banner by wrapping some fine string around the tops. 
 

Love the mason jar? Used it as a fabulous embellishment? Let me know :)



No comments:

Post a Comment